[OpenSIPS-Users] dialog behavior when no ACK is received

M S medeanwz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 14:44:36 UTC 2022

Hi list,
When a dialog is created with initial INVITE, it seems like it is not
available to dlg_end_dlg until the call is answered (OK received) and the
caller also acknowledges (ACK) to the OK message.
So in a scenario where a caller sends an INVITE and then dies, the call
goes to callee, gets answered, OK is sent to caller but there is no
response, and the dialog stays open until default_timeout and that's when
the CDR is generated (if default_timeout is 12 hours then a 12 hour call is
in CDR).
Anybody has any ideas how we can fix this? If I use PpB for dialog, it
never PINGs the callee because apparently the dialog is not fully
established on the callee side. If I use rtpengine to detect media timeout,
it correctly detects it but when it calls dlg_end_dlg opensips says "dialog
not found".

Thank you!