[OpenSIPS-Users] can several SIP phones with same SIP account ring together and hang up asynchronous

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Tue Oct 25 12:30:08 UTC 2022

Hi,

this is actually fully SIP/RFC compliant. By definition, any 6xx answer
provides the "ultimate, global answer", to put it in simple words: "I
cannot reply to the request and I know no one else can". On the contrary as
per the definition/RFC, a 5xx answer indicates,  that a single endpoint is
not able to handle the request (temporarily) due to technical reasons,
while others still may be able to answer this.

The right answer would be, that the SIP endpoint should respond with a 4xx
Answer to indicate that the call was declined on a user-based decision or
status (e.g. "busy").

I haven't tried this, but maybe you can check the following parameter:
https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.4.x/tm.html#param_disable_6xx_block

This parameter should change the behavior on receiving a 6xx reply -
however, I never tried it myself.

Thanks,
Carsten

--
Carsten Bock I CTO & Founder

ng-voice GmbH

Trostbrücke 1 I 20457 Hamburg I Germany
T +49 179 2021244 I www.ng-voice.com

Registry Office at Local Court Hamburg, HRB 120189
Managing Directors: Dr. David Bachmann, Carsten Bock