[OpenSIPS-Users] turn off syslog logging with OpenSIPS 3.2 ?

Kingsley Tart kingsley at dns99.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 12:18:56 UTC 2022

Hi,

is there a way in OpenSIPS 3.2 of logging to /var/log/opensips.log but
not copy these logs into syslog?

I have these log settings:

log_level=3
xlog_level=1
log_stderror=no
log_facility=LOG_LOCAL0

What I'm seeing is opensips logs in /var/log/opensips.log but every
entry in there is duplicated in /var/log/syslog; I don't want them in
there.

Is there a way in OpenSIPS to configure this, or should I instead tell
OpenSIPS to log using LOG_DAEMON and configure syslog to split opensips
logs out itself?

I've tried googling and looking at the OpenSIPS docs but can't find the
answer.

Cheers,
Kingsley.