[OpenSIPS-Users] early dialog termination

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Oct 10 14:04:40 UTC 2022

Hi Ryzhik,

Without a t_relay() it makes not much sense to have an dialog structure
at all - the dialog module in opensips is actually design for proxied
calls, not for UAC calls.

IMO, you should keep it a transaction level, by sending replies back
only. When getting the INVITE, put its call-id into a DB table (to keep
only the "active" session) together with a lifetime / expiration time.
When getting a CANCEL, update the table (set lifetime to 0), to know it
is terminated. And use an simple external script that keeps scanning the
DB for (1) sending 487 Terminated via MI if the record has 0 lifetime or
(2) send a 408 Timeout via MI if the lifetime exceeded.
In a similar way you can handle the BYE - send back 200OK for the BYE
and set 0 in lifetime, to send a 487 canceled back

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 27-30 Sept 2022, Athens
   https://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2022Athens/