[OpenSIPS-Users] Mid_Registrar contact

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Thu Nov 17 10:45:36 UTC 2022

On 17.11.2022 12:37, nutxase wrote:
> Just to confirm can registrar also forward the registration similar to
> how mid_registrar does?

Approach 1: the save()
<https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.4.x/registrar.html#func_save>
function has an "r" flag (do not auto-send a reply upstream) which may
be useful here, allowing you to t_relay() your REGISTER further
downstream.  A caveat here is that you're saving the Contact before the
Asterisk, which may fail (e.g. 500 Internal Server Error).  So what do
you do then?  You must delete it somehow...

Approach 2: if I remember correctly, the save()
<https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.4.x/registrar.html#func_save>
function was also designed to work on a 200 OK reply!  But I haven't
tested this scenario in a long time, so I'm not sure how well or if it
works at all nowadays.

Best,

--
Liviu Chircu