[OpenSIPS-Users] Low Latency Message Queue Recommendations

Calvin Ellison calvin.ellison at voxox.com
Mon Nov 14 18:01:03 UTC 2022

What are the recommended solutions for posting data to an external system
with the lowest latency? Today we're using a Redis list to push data from
OpenSIPS and pull it from Redis using Logstash. These are call detail
records that need to reach our OpenSearch index with minimum delay.

We have Redis running in memory-only mode to reduce latency, largely
because the underlying storage is a very busy SAN. The current pipeline
works until there is a disruption to Logstash or OpenSearch. If the
disruption is not corrected quickly enough, Redis runs out of memory and we
lose data. If Redis crashes, OpenSIPS itself breaks down.

Is there a more robust solution for getting things to OpenSearch? Latency
is the goal, but we need to tolerate disruption without data loss.

Calvin Ellison

Systems Architect

calvin.ellison at voxox.com

+1 (213) 285-0555

<http://voxox.com>

<https://www.facebook.com/VOXOX/> <https://www.instagram.com/voxoxofficial/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/3573541/admin/>
<https://twitter.com/Voxox>

The information contained herein is confidential and privileged information
or work product intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed. Any unauthorized use, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, please notify me immediately.