[OpenSIPS-Users] Best way to Route calls from pstn to registered pbx

Wadii ELMAJDI | Evenmedia wadii at evenmedia.fr
Sat Nov 12 14:47:35 UTC 2022

Hello ,

I would like to know what would be the best method for such use case :
My opensip box will play a sip proxy ROLE, handling inbound calls fom pstn to my clients (B2BUA PBXs).
My clients will have to register as some of them dont have a static ip.

Client (Asterisk) (A) <==== Registration =====> OPEN SIP (B)  <===========> PSTN Trunk (C)

Call sequence is from C to A.

What i'm thinking is the best method, is to create my clients as subscribers with my server IP As the domain in order to skip the outbound_proxy config for my clients.

The PSTN trunk is using ip auth, i will just have to add its ip on my address table.

My question is  how am i supposed to route calls to my clients based on the called number ?
The only module that does routing rule processing with priorities, prefix etc... is DR, but it only route calls to gateways.

The alias_db is what is supposed to be used to route calls to subscribers, but it has no prefix, that means if i have 500Did , i have to add each one of them to dbaliases table.

Thanks for the help.