[OpenSIPS-Users] Maximum number of ReINVITEs option?

Ray Jackson ray at hero.co.nz
Sat May 14 05:05:56 UTC 2022

Correct, Max-Forwards stays the same on each ReINVITE and the CSeq
increments by 1 each time.  All other headers stay the same. I have no
idea what is broken with the client to continually ReINVITE in a loop.
We accept the ReINVITE with an OK and we receive an ACK back and then
immediately another INVITE and so it goes on until the call is terminated.

I'm less interested in working out what is broken on the client end and
more interested in protecting our network.

Thanks,

Ray

On 14/05/22 2:59 pm, Jehanzaib Younis wrote:
> Hi Ray,
>
> I assume the Max-Forwards remains same but the CSeq is increasing ya?
>
> Regards,
> Jehan
>

> On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 2:42 PM Ray Jackson <ray at hero.co.nz> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I have a misbehaving SIP client which is repeatedly sending SIP
>     ReINVITE
>     messages over and over again (in the hundreds) and want to enforce a
>     limit on the number of ReINVITE messages per Call to stop this in
>     it's
>     tracks.  The CSeq is incrementing on each ReINVITE.
>
>     Are there any config settings to limit the number of ReINVITEs on a
>     single Call/Dialog?  I was going to possibly keep a count of the
>     INVITEs
>     using a cache variable based on the Unique CallID but wanted to check
>     first there wasn't a simpler (built-in) way of doing this?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Ray

Email Signature
Ray Jackson