[OpenSIPS-Users] Event on DE-REGISTRATION

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 17:12:06 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I have configured my registrar with max_contacts 1, allowing
subsequent registrations from that contact to overwrite.

I am looking to intercept the de-registration and send a message to the
losing contact. Ideally I would use the existing SIP connection to send it
before termination, the client devices are softphones under my control, but
I suppose the TCP connection to the previous device may have been severed
by the time the event is raised (I can test this when I get there but
advice is always welcome).

Event capture is straightforward using E_UL_CONTACT_DELETE however I am
wondering if there is any way to generate SIP towards the leaving contact
at this point? t_new_request() is not available in event_route and I wanted
to reach out to the community for ideas before building an external system
to do this (i.e. rest_post to a simple HTTP client).

Is there a neat way to do this within the config script or am I already on
the best-fit path here?

Many thanks,

Callum

--

*0333 332 0000  |  x-on.co.uk <https://www.x-on.co.uk>  |   **
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/x-on>   <https://www.facebook.com/XonTel>

THE ITSPA
AWARDS 2020 <http://www.itspa.org.uk/itspa-awards> AND Best ITSP - Mid
Market, Best Software and Best Vertical Solution are trade marks of the
Internet Telephony Services Providers' Association, used under licence.

*Our new office address: 22 Riduna Park, Melton IP12 1QT.*

X-on
is a
trading name of Storacall Technology Ltd a limited company registered in
England and Wales.

Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road,
Apsley, Hemel Hempstead,
Herts, HP3 9SD. Company Registration No. 2578478.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
addressee(s)
only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
X-on immediately on +44(0)333 332 0000 and delete the
message from your
computer. If you are not a named addressee you must not use,
disclose,
disseminate, distribute, copy, print or reply to this email. Views
or
opinions expressed by an individual
within this email may not necessarily
reflect the views of X-on or its associated companies. Although X-on
routinely
screens for viruses, addressees should scan this email and any
attachments
for
viruses. X-on makes no representation or warranty as to the
absence of viruses
in this email or any attachments.