[OpenSIPS-Users] [Release] OpenSIPS 3.3.0-rc1, 3.2.7 and 3.1.10 minor releases

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Wed Jun 22 14:02:51 UTC 2022

On 06.06.2022 12:41, Liviu Chircu wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> After nearly a month of beta testing for 3.3, we will soon push a
> release candidate version for the 3.3 branch, as well as two new minor
> releases for the stable branches, namely 3.2.7 and 3.1.10.

I am pleased to announce that we have just released a first candidate
for the 3.3 version, 3.3.0-rc1, after a month of beta testing.  During
this time, there were significant improvements to the original
3.3.0-beta release, to name a few:

* new package: "opensips-auth-modules", containing the "auth" and
"uac_auth" modules, which are OpenSSL dependant.  Thanks to this change,
the core "opensips" package is once again free of any SSL library
package dependencies.

* aaa_diameter: it is now possible to access all AVPs from the Diameter
Response packet, at opensips.cfg level.  Moreover, full support for
Grouped AVPs was added.  All of these additions re-iterate the initial
goal of "generic Diameter integrations in 3.3", bringing it that much
closer to being a reality.  Many thanks to Giovanni Maruzzelli and
Flavio Goncalves for their excellent feedback here!

* several critical bugfixes/improvements in the msrp_gateway, msrp_relay
and msrp_ua modules

Of course, along with *3.3.0-rc1* also comes a series of minor releases
for the stable branches: *3.2.7* and *3.1.10*, with tarballs[1] and
ChangeLogs[4] being available on the OpenSIPS website.

[1]: https://opensips.org/pub/opensips/3.3.0-rc1/opensips-3.3.0-rc1.tar.gz
[2]: https://opensips.org/pub/opensips/3.2.7/opensips-3.2.7.tar.gz
[3]: https://opensips.org/pub/opensips/3.1.10/opensips-3.1.10.tar.gz
[4]: https://opensips.org/pub/opensips/3.3.0-rc1/ChangeLog
[5]: https://opensips.org/pub/opensips/3.2.7/ChangeLog
[6]: https://opensips.org/pub/opensips/3.1.10/ChangeLog

So please enjoy these releases, as we start the home run for 3.3.0 stable!

Happy Hacking,

--
Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu  |www.opensips-solutions.com