[OpenSIPS-Users] RTPPROXY / OPENSIPS

Wadii ELMAJDI | Evenmedia wadii at evenmedia.fr
Fri Dec 23 19:42:54 UTC 2022

hello , i do have a question related to rtpproxy module documentation.

The doc describes that rewriting sdp body should happen during either INVITE , 200 OK or ACK.
In the case of SDP presence on invite <=> 200 , one should rtpproxy_offer during the invite and rtpproxy_answer during the 200 OK.

"Documentation : Rewrites SDP body to ensure that media is passed through an RTP proxy. To be invoked on INVITE for the cases the SDPs are in INVITE and 200 OK and on 200 OK when SDPs are in 200 OK and ACK."

But sometimes opensips receives a 183 Session Progress containing SDP before the 200 which i think is related to earlymedia .
I think those sdp packets should also be rewritten with the right rtp proxy ip/port. In which case the doc should mention "SDPs are in INVITE and 200 OK /183 Session Progress".

My second question : since we can handle most cases with rtpproxy_offer/answer methods, what is the purpose of rtpproxy_engage ? is it to ease the management i described above ?

Thank you