[OpenSIPS-Users] RTPProxy Docker Image

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Tue Dec 20 19:43:59 UTC 2022

Hello Terrance,
I wouldn't really recommend this. RTPProxy is going to use a lot of ports
in a very large range. That just doesn't work great in docker, but even
worse in K8S.

I personally would put the RTPProxy outside of K8S. While you might be able
to get it to work, you are likely going against some basic design concepts
in containerization. I feel like the tech should propel the solution and
not be a hindrance to it. In this case, I'm not sure that K8S is buying you
anything of value, but instead creating architectural challenges.

I'd love to hear feedback or experiences from others. There's always
something to learn :)
-Brett