[OpenSIPS-Users] reinvite and dialog uniqueness.

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Fri Dec 2 18:03:00 UTC 2022

You can try to use topology_hiding and t_reply_with_body():
 https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.3.x/topology_hiding.html
https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.3.x/tm.html#func_t_reply_with_body
Never tried it so I don't know if this will work.
The question is if the CSeq number will be updated for the leg
receiving the reINVITE.

-ovidiu

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 12:36 PM johan <johan at democon.be> wrote:

> It would be even better to have somehting without b2b.
>
> On 2/12/2022 17:51, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
> >  From has the user that initiated the request.
> > For a reINVITE, if the reINVITE is issued by bob, then From has bob URIs.
> > Take a look at the examples provided in the Session Initiation
> > Protocol (SIP) Basic Call Flow Examples RFC:
> > https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc3665
> >
> > As for the b2b question, take a look at b2b_sed_reply function:
> > https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.3.x/b2b_logic.html#func_b2b_send_reply
> > If you need to reply with 200ok to a reINVITE, you need to make sure
> > that the SDP in the reINVITE is the same as the initial SDP and send
> > back the other party's SDP in 200ok.
> >
> > -ovidiu
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 11:45 AM johan <johan at democon.be> wrote:
> >> I realise that I made an error in my drawing.
> >>
> >> 1. dialog uniqueness
> >>
> >>      Alice     calls     Bob
> >>
> >>              ->INVITE
> >>
> >>                  call-id: 1
> >>
> >>                  from: alice at atlanta;tag=1
> >>
> >>                  to: bob at boston
> >>
> >>              <- 200
> >>
> >>                  call-id: 1
> >>
> >>                   from: alice at atlanta;tag=1
> >>
> >>                   to: bob at boston;tag=2
> >>
> >>              -> ACK
> >>
> >>                  call-id: 1
> >>
> >>                   from: alice at atlanta;tag=1
> >>
> >>                   to: bob at boston;tag=2
> >>
> >> Bob does a session refresh
> >>
> >>              <- INVITE
> >>
> >> question in on the from tag and the to tag.
> >>
> >> should it be
> >>
> >>              <- INVITE
> >>
> >>                  callid: 1
> >>
> >>                   from: alice at atlanta;tag=1
> >>
> >>                   to: bob at boston;tag=2
> >>
> >> or
> >>
> >>              <- INVITE
> >>
> >>                  call-id: 1
> >>
> >>                  to: alice at atlanta;tag=1
> >>
> >>                  from: bob at boston;tag=2
> >>
> >> or
> >>
> >>              are both the same dialog (call-id + the 2 tags) ?
> >>

> >> On 2/12/2022 17:34, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
> >>
> >> The tag belongs to the SIP endpoint and does not change.
> >> Take a look here at an example:
> >> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc3665#section-3.7
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Ovidiu Sas
> >>
> >> On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 11:23 AM johan <johan at democon.be> wrote:
> >>
> >> 1. dialog uniqueness
> >>
> >>      Alice     calls     Bob
> >>
> >>              ->INVITE
> >>
> >>                  call-id: 1
> >>
> >>                  from: alice at atlanta;tag=1
> >>
> >>                  to: bob at boston
> >>
> >>              <- 200
> >>
> >>                  call-id: 1
> >>
> >>                   from: alice at atlanta;tag=1
> >>
> >>                   to: bob at boston;tag=2
> >>
> >>              -> ACK
> >>
> >>                  call-id: 1
> >>
> >>                   from: alice at atlanta;tag=1
> >>
> >>                   to: bob at boston;tag=2
> >>
> >> Bob does a session refresh
> >>
> >>              <- INVITE
> >>
> >> question in on the from tag and the to tag.
> >>
> >> should it be

> [...]

VoIP Embedded, Inc.
http://www.voipembedded.com