[OpenSIPS-Users] reinvite and dialog uniqueness.

johan johan at democon.be
Fri Dec 2 16:40:10 UTC 2022

I realise that I made an error in my drawing.

1. dialog uniqueness

     Alice     calls     Bob

             ->INVITE

                 call-id: 1

                 from: alice at atlanta;tag=1

                 to: bob at boston

             <- 200

                 call-id: 1

                  from: alice at atlanta;tag=1

                  to: bob at boston;tag=2

             -> ACK

                 call-id: 1

                  from: alice at atlanta;tag=1

                  to: bob at boston;tag=2

Bob does a session refresh

             <- INVITE

question in on the from tag and the to tag.

should it be

             <- INVITE

                 callid: 1

                  *from: alice at atlanta;tag=1 to: bob at boston;tag=2*

or

             <- INVITE

                 call-id: 1

                 *to**: alice at atlanta;tag=1 from: bob at boston;tag=2*

or

             are both the same dialog (call-id + the 2 tags) ?