[OpenSIPS-Users] RTPEngine - changing codec format parameters from default values when transcoding - OpenSIPS 3.1

Mark Allen mark at allenclan.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 12:51:08 EST 2021

Hi Răzvan

OpenSIPS passes the commands to RTPengine as you supply them, so in
> theory this should be supported. Did you try to set this up? Can you
> provide any logs about this?

No. I'm not sure how I would specify this in the opensips.cfg
rtpengine_offer parameters. From the documentation for the
rptengine OpenSIPS module, it doesn't seem as if something like the
following is an option...

transcode-opus='opus/48000/2/32000//maxplaybackrate=48000;stereo=0;useinbandfec=1;maxaveragebitrate=32000
'

...however, if I have tried this in the code (with or without quotes) it
doesn't produce an error, either from OpenSIPS or rtpengine, but neither
does it do anything - Opus fmtp in the SDP is not changed. I guess I'm
looking for the correct OpenSIPS syntax to pass these parameters
successfully to rtpengine