[OpenSIPS-Users] event route based on timer - RTPEngine play/stop/block media

Grzegorz Woźniak grzesw at autograf.pl
Thu Oct 28 07:11:30 EST 2021

Hi all,

I want to prepare scenario:

- Alice calls Bob

- Bob answers but instead of talking to Alice Bob wants to send her some
advice

I started playing with play_media function in RTPEngine but
unfortunately there is no callback option

from RTPEngine when file ends (playing stops) and without suppressing
media from Bob (block_media)

devices are receiving 2 media streams with different SSRC.

Some Alice's devices produce garbled sound some suppress media at all
until annoucement ends.

Everything is OK if Bob pushes hold on his device -> his device is not
generating any stream and my annoucement is played OK.

Problem is I don't want to do any hold/unhold scenarios but simply
suppress unwanted media after 200OK/ACK and forcibly play announcement.

As I mentioned I already asked RTPEngine team about any callback eg.
xmlrpc when RTPEngine stops playing media file - there isn't any :(

But RTPEngine returns lenght of the message so I thought maybe in
opensips there is some schedule timer which I can start with duration

of announcement and after time passes it will trigger event and I will
react on it with event_route.

Is there such possibility ? Or maybe you got some other advice for me to
solve it ?

Thanks in advance, Greg.