[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS crashing but gdb not recognising core dump symbols

Kingsley Tart kingsley at dns99.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 17:23:43 EST 2021

On Mon, 2021-10-25 at 19:21 +0300, Liviu Chircu wrote:
> On 25.10.2021 17:52, Kingsley Tart wrote:
> > OpenSIPS 3.1.5 is crashing a lot on Debian 10.
>
> Hi Kingsley,
>
> In 3.1.6 there are some critical fixes in the auth, auth_db and
> mid-registrar modules.  If you are using any of those, I highly
> recommend you upgrade to it first, before investing any more time on
> these corefiles.
>
> Regarding your corefile issue, it is definitely uncommon, the basic
> "opensips" + "opensips-dbg" package recipe should be enough for you to
> visualize at least a backtrace out of an OpenSIPS corefile.  One guess
> would be that you are also installing an "opensips" binary through "make
> install" on the same box, which is not symbol-compatible with the
> "opensips-dbg" debugging package.  Could this be the case?
>
> Best,

Hi. I've upgraded anyway. I'll see how this pans out.

After this operation, 34.8 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 https://apt.opensips.org buster/3.1-releases amd64 opensips-regex-module amd64 3.1.6-1 [181 kB]
Get:2 https://apt.opensips.org buster/3.1-releases amd64 opensips-perl-modules amd64 3.1.6-1 [221 kB]
Get:3 https://apt.opensips.org buster/3.1-releases amd64 opensips-mysql-module amd64 3.1.6-1 [208 kB]
Get:4 https://apt.opensips.org buster/3.1-releases amd64 opensips-http-modules amd64 3.1.6-1 [271 kB]