[OpenSIPS-Users] Some questions regarding configuring msilo

Robert Dyck rob.dyck at telus.net
Thu Nov 11 20:34:03 EST 2021

The module documentation for msilo gives us an example of configuration to deploy the
service.
In a block staring with "if(!lookup("location"))" we see the following --

      # if the downstream UA does not support MESSAGE requests
       # go to failure_route[1]
       t_on_if (!db_does_uri_exist("$ru","subscriber"))failure("1");
       t_relay();
       exit;
We didn't actually establish that the lookup failed because Message is unsupported.
Lookup has only one failure return code -1. This does not tell us if the lookup failure was
due to an non-existant AOR, no UAs registered or method not supported.

In the statement "t_on_if (db_does_uri_exist("$ru","subscriber"))failure("1"); " t_on_if is not
documented. Does it mean we should immediately go to the failure route if the AOR does
not exist.

If the AOR does not exist why would we do ---
   if (m_store("$ou"))
   {
       log("MSILO: offline message stored\n");
       t_reply("202", "Accepted");
   }else{
       log("MSILO: offline message NOT stored\n");
       t_reply("503", "Service Unavailable");
   };

Some clarification would be appreciated.
Rob