[OpenSIPS-Users] restart_persistency Permission denied

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Fri Nov 5 09:47:10 EST 2021

On 05.11.2021 02:14, Marcin Groszek wrote:
> after I changed the ownership of the .restart_persistency.cache to
> opensips I was able to start daemon as opensips user.
>
> Is this proper way of doing this or just a poor workaround?

Hi Marcin,

This is an interesting report and although it looks like the devs could
do something to improve your experience, ultimately I think this is a
sysadmin runtime configuration error.  Here is my reasoning:

* by default, OpenSIPS starts as "root" user, with work directory "/".
So drouting should work fine, as there is full permission to write to
the "/" directory.

* in your case, you are downgrading permissions from "root" user to
"opensips" user, but you are not customizing the "-w" work directory
option, which remains "/". So, of course the "opensips" user cannot
write to "/".

Hope this helps,

--
Liviu Chircu