[OpenSIPS-Users] How to know how many workers configure / server support

Julio Carranza ti.jcarranza at gmail.com
Tue May 18 23:09:51 EST 2021

Im using "OpenSIPS (3.1.1 (x86_64/linux))" on a server with:
128GB on RAM
2x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2660 0 @ 2.20GHz (32 cores)

Basically is a redirect server with some logic configured, using mysql only
to load configuration and redis to store some data, but with 32 workers
configured i receive this messages on cli:

    Process 24 load: 100%, 99%, 99% (SIP receiver udp:XX.79.X.XX:5060)
    Process 25 load: 100%, 99%, 99% (SIP receiver udp:XX.79.X.XX:5060)
    Process 26 load: 100%, 99%, 99% (SIP receiver udp:XX.79.X.XX:5060)

    WARNING: the receive queue is NOT empty, SIP signaling may be slower!
    CRITICAL: 100% avg. currently used worker capacity!!

    Suggestion: see the DNS/SQL/NoSQL diagnosis for any slow query
                reports, otherwise increase 'use_workers' or 'udp_workers'!

But when i see *htop* information the server is using few resources less
than 2.0 of load average.

As a first solution I already increased the number of workers to 200 but
the question is, how to know how many workers can I configure or which is
the best practice for this.  (how is a worker internal behavior)

I couldn't find deep information of this on documentation

thanks in advance