[OpenSIPS-Users] Tips for troubleshooting OpenSIPS as a Teams SBC

Jeff Pyle jeff at ugnd.org
Mon May 10 21:05:28 EST 2021

John,

This is great, especially along side Alexey's blog post.  I'm having a
problem related to multi-tenant configuration.  I suspect it's the result
of something basic I've overlooked since I don't see it covered in your
article.

An ancillary issue that I have is where I must use the FQDN *and* the IP in
the added Record-Route header even though it's the same interface in both
cases, and the domain resolves to the IP of the local interface.  Something
goes awry in the call setup, I believe something with replies.  I haven't
isolated it specifically yet.  Calls do set up properly if I use something
like record_route_preset( “SBC_FQDN:5061;transport=tls”, “SBC_IP:5061;
transport=tls”); however.

The more significant issue is related to alias= definitions and customer
tenant domains.  I've been testing by with aliases defined for my carrier
tenant and a single customer tenant domain.  So far there's been a
reasonable amount of success.  The problem occurs when I send a call to
Teams on a customer domain I don't have an alias defined for, using that
domain in the Record-Route header as is required.  Sequential requests'
routing fails when OpenSIPS tries to route the call to the domain, which is
really to itself but OpenSIPS doesn't realize it's local, and
then...badness.  Am I missing a way to define a wildcard alias of sorts?  I
was hoping the dns=yes option would resolve those domains in real time and
match the defined IP, but that didn't seem to work either.

I feel like I'm missing something simple.

Regards,
Jeff