[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips generate ring and hangup after x seconds

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Tue Jun 22 21:54:07 EST 2021

On 09.06.2021 13:40, Schneur Rosenberg wrote:
> Hi, I would like to have OpenSIPs generate a ring tone on a incoming
> call, and hang up after x seconds, I dont want to the call to ring on
> any device, I just want to reply to the client with a 180 and a cancel
> after x seconds, is it possible?

Hi Schneur,

On one side, it sounds like you need a fully-fledged UAS, with
signaling, media playback and transaction timeout capabilities.  So by
using FreeSWITCH or Asterisk, this could definitely work.

On the other side, the tm module has enough features to allow you to
improvise all the above SIP signaling and timeout after X seconds.  And
for the media, you could use RTPProxy and its rtpproxy_stream2xxx()
family of functions [1].  Maybe rtpengine too, with
rtpengine_play_media() [2]?

So it should work, one way or another.

[1]:
https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.2.x/rtpproxy.html#rtpproxy_stream2xxx