[OpenSIPS-Users] Dialog replication weirdness

Kingsley Tart kingsley at dns99.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 17:41:30 EST 2021

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is a bug (OpenSIPS 3.1.2). I'm trying to do
dialog clustering with the dialog module.

Before clustering, I had this in the module settings:

    modparam("dialog", "profiles_with_value", "RX; TX")

And I read the sizes in a timer route with this:

    get_profile_size("RX", $var(NXX_endpoint), $var(NXX_RX));
    get_profile_size("TX", $var(NXX_endpoint), $var(NXX_TX));

Which works.

Now with clustering. The clusterer is set up, and the cachedb_local
module is successfully using it. So I change the dialog parameter to
this:

    modparam("dialog", "profiles_with_value", "RX/s; TX/s")

but dialogs weren't replicating, though no errors in opensips.log. So I
tried this instead:

    modparam("dialog", "profiles_with_value", "RX/b; TX/b")

and suddenly my timer route generates these errors:

    ERROR:dialog:w_get_profile_size: profile <RX> not defined
    ERROR:dialog:w_get_profile_size: profile <TX> not defined

until I edit it to say this:

    get_profile_size("RX/b", $var(NXX_endpoint), $var(NXX_RX));
    get_profile_size("TX/b", $var(NXX_endpoint), $var(NXX_TX));

So why do I need to add "/b" when I use the /b flag, but not add "/s"
when I use the /s flag?

Oh wait ... a few restarts later and now it's complaining

    ERROR:dialog:w_get_profile_size: profile <RX/b> not defined
    ERROR:dialog:w_get_profile_size: profile <TX/b> not defined

but if I edit my timer route again to remove /b the errors stop but
it's not getting the sizes any more, but I now get errors when the
routing script tries to add dialogs to the profile, so I remove /b from
set_dlg_profile() and now the errors have stopped, but the dialogs have
stopped replicating ... ??????????

This is too much weirdness for one day. Time for beer.

Cheers,
Kingsley.