[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] [BLOG] OpenSIPS 3.2 and the supported SSL/TLS libraries

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Thu Jun 3 21:07:24 EST 2021

The documentation for 3.2 is not updated on how to compile and use wolfssl.

Here are the steps that I followed to compile with wolfssl:

# clone opensips repo:
git clone https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips.git -b 3.2 opensips_3.2

# perform submodule initialization:
git submodule init

# perform submodule update:
git submodule update

# Instead of using the dev version of wolfssl, use the latest stable:
cd modules/tls_wolfssl/lib/wolfssl
git checkout tags/v4.7.0-stable

After this I was able to build and load the wolfssl module.
We could combine the submodule commands in one:
git submodule update --init
We could also clone everything from the beginning:
git clone --recurse-submodules
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips.git -b 3.2 opensips_3.2

Either way, we should set a specific version for wolfssl, otherwise it
will be a nightmare to troubleshoot the development version of
wolfssl.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 6:48 AM Vlad Patrascu <vladp at opensips.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Check out this article [1] about your options regarding SSL/TLS
> libraries in OpenSIPS 3.2. Do not hesitate to try the new wolfSSL-based
> TLS implementation in OpenSIPS!
>
> [1]
> https://blog.opensips.org/2021/06/03/opensips-3-2-and-the-supported-ssl-tls-libraries/
>
> Cheers,