[OpenSIPS-Users] Header difference between "if(is_method("INVITE"))" vs "if(!is_method("INVITE"))"

HS bullehs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 07:35:53 EST 2021

Hi all,

I had setup an Opensips (3.0) instance (as Registrar) on an Amazon EC2
instance and freeswitch (media server) on another instance. I had tested it
thoroughly and it seems to work great on the following code (Opensips.cfg):

if (!is_method("INVITE")) {
return;
}
# if the called number begins with "star" (*) then strip it and redirect to
freeswitch
# (if it begins with two stars, eg: **, then one will be passed to FS)
if ($rU=~"^\*") {
strip(1);
$du = "sip:172.31.23.7:5090";
route(relay);
}
}

I dial the IVR  - everything works ok for MicroSIP (laptop) and Linphone
(Android phone).

However, in the following snippet - MicroSIP (call disconnects immediately)
and Linphone has no audio (disconnects after 32 seconds). Pcap shows no
connection on MicroSIP but on Linphone I can play the audio stream.

if(is_method("INVITE")) {
if (t_check_status("408|486")) {
$du = "sip:172.31.23.7:5090";
# do not set the missed call flag again
route(relay);
}

Is there a difference in the headers/routing sent out in
"if(is_method("INVITE"))" vs "if(!is_method("INVITE"))". And how to fix
please?

Please let me know if any other information is required.

Thanks again.