[OpenSIPS-Users] Call-ID changing on re-registration

Schneur Rosenberg rosenberg11219 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 16:54:34 EST 2021

Hi, I'm trying to run a script when a new sip device registers, I want
that if 2 devices have the same user name it should run the script
when each device registers first time, I added this script to my
REGISTER processing

if (!is_contact_registered("location",,,"$ci") && $hdr(Expires) !="0")
runscript......

I hoped this would only run once for each device registered, but I see
lots of devices changing the Call-ID for each registration, hence
running the script every few minutes instead of only once.

I also have some devices sending registrations with Expires: 0, so I
added the && $hdr(Expires) !="0" which seems to of solved that issue.

is there a better way to do this? can I have a way of knowing its the
same registration even though the Call-ID has changed?

S. Rosenberg