[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy configuration

Mark Allen mark at allenclan.co.uk
Tue Jan 26 15:47:45 EST 2021

Further to this - as I said the relay_ip overcame the immediate audio
problem, but on testing it timed out after just over 60 seconds. Looking at
the traffic in Wireshark and the SDP in SIP messages the cause seems to be
that Asterisk is sending RTP direct to the 46.xxx.xxx.xxx address rather
than via the relay, while traffic in the other direction is coming via the
relay - so after about a minute Mediaproxy thinks one end is dead and
aborts the connection.

This is obviously the issue you flagged up John where you said "You need
the address in the SDP to be the public IP 4x.xxx.xxx.xxx when it
is sending packets to the UAC but you need it to use its LAN address when
sending to the Asterisk server."

Looks like I'll have to use RTPEngine bridging mode instead. Thanks for the
help again :)