[OpenSIPS-Users] auth_db module in 3.2.2

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Mon Aug 16 15:55:31 EST 2021

On 13.08.2021 14:12, Adrian Georgescu wrote:

> I would very much like to see this feature ported back to 3.2 please!

Hi,

Could you offer a bit more info on why you would want it?  Like what
kind of SIP phones are still out there that cannot handle the SIP auth
specs in 2021?  If you think about it, they won't work with other SIP
servers: no commercial SIP server and no Asterisk, FS, PJSIP, SIP.js,
drachtio, reSIPprocate, etc.:  Not a single one of these implement this
crazy "ha1b" feature, and none of them give a single damn if the phone
is poorly implemented and appends the "@realm" part in the username
component: they will happily reply with 401 Unauthorized until the
implementor fixes the phone.

So why should OpenSIPS have this feature? Also, I suggest you open a
GitHub feature request [1] as well on this topic -- maybe we get more
opinions from there as well.

[1]: https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues

Best,

--