[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cli connection problems

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Thu Sep 24 14:27:47 EST 2020

On 24.09.2020 17:15, Jeff Pyle wrote:
> If I try fifo, I get a permissions problem...
>
> PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/tmp/opensips-class4_fifo'
>
> ...even though:
>
> # ls -lh /tmp/opensips-class4_fifo
> prw-rw-rw- 1 opensips opensips 0 Sep 24 10:05 /tmp/opensips-class4_fifo

I don't have a big clue on this one, unfortunately, as it should work
given your info.  Some hints:

* manually ensure the user you're running opensips-cli with can write to
the FIFO file, even if it's gibberish.  Example:

     echo FOOBAR >>/tmp/opensips-class4_fifo

* make sure FIFO access isn't blocked by some security layer, such as
apparmor.  If you're using apparmor, check the logs.

Cheers,

--
Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu | www.opensips-solutions.com