[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cli connection problems

Jeff Pyle jeff at ugnd.org
Thu Sep 24 14:15:21 EST 2020

Hello,

I'm having a rough time getting opensips-cli to connect to my OpenSIPS
instance.

If I try fifo, I get a permissions problem...

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/tmp/opensips-class4_fifo'

...even though:

# ls -lh /tmp/opensips-class4_fifo
prw-rw-rw- 1 opensips opensips 0 Sep 24 10:05 /tmp/opensips-class4_fifo

If I try url, I get a module problem:

ERROR: cannot import 'url' handler: No module named
'opensipscli.communication.url'
ERROR: no module 'mi' loaded

I'm using this config file:

[default]
log_level: WARNING
prompt_name: opensips-cli4
prompt_intro: Welcome to OpenSIPS Command Line Interface - Class 4!
prompt_emptyline_repeat_cmd: False
history_file: ~/.opensips-cli4.history
history_file_size: 1000
output_type: pretty-print
communication_type: url         *# or 'fifo', depending what I'm testing at
the moment*
fifo_file: /tmp/opensips-class4_fifo
url: http://127.0.0.1:8884/mi

OpenSIPS' mi_http and mi_fifo modules are configured with the correct URL
and 0666, respectively.  I don't think it matters to me whether I connect
URL or FIFO.  Getting one of them to work would sure be helpful!  What am I
missing?

- Jeff