[OpenSIPS-Users] store data locally

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Wed Sep 23 14:08:50 EST 2020

We use db_text and I agree with Ovidiu. We use it mostly for built-in datastores on our instances. So we build the DB and then bake it onto our AMIs before launch. The data is never modified during runtime, so we don’t need full SQL functionality. Using db_text removes dependencies on sqlite in both the build and runtime environments. We use Ansible/Jinja2 to template the db_text databases from text files. It’s very straightforward.

So if you need SQL features then sqlite is great, but db_text is a very fast, easy way to get a DB running with no overhead.

Ben Newlin