[OpenSIPS-Users] store data locally

Alain Bieuzent alain.bieuzent at free.fr
Wed Sep 23 07:44:56 EST 2020

Thanks Ovidiu, it seem the good way for my case.

Le 22/09/2020 17:44, « Users au nom de Ovidiu Sas » <users-bounces at lists.opensips.org au nom de osas at voipembedded.com> a écrit :

    Hello Alain,

    If you don't want to run a full blown db, then you can use db_text
    without cacheDB.
    The data is cached into memory at startup. If you update the text
    file, you can re-cache the data [1].
    You can also manipulate the data using the avpops module [2].
    Or, you can use cacheDB on top of the text db :)

    [1]: https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.1.x/db_text.html#mi_dbt_reload
    [2]: https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.1.x/avpops.html

    Regards,
    Ovidiu Sas

    On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 9:36 AM Liviu Chircu <liviu at opensips.org> wrote:

    > On 22.09.2020 16:09, Alain Bieuzent wrote:
    >
    > I need to store some data locally but accessible by opensips.
    >
    > the data is almost 20 records made up of a couple IP: name
    >
    > From opensips script I want to retrieve the name associated with the IP (to put in place profiling).
    >
    > how do you set up this kind of solution without accessing each call to an external database?
    >
    > Hi, Alain!
    >
    > One way would be to use the local cacheDB [1] module through the generic cacheDB scripting functions [2].
    >
    > Alternatively, if you specifically need to load this data from an SQL DB, for example, the sql_cacher [3] module would be a perfect fit.
    >
    > Fun Fact:  if you decide to use any of these two modules, you will have to buy a guy named Vlad a beer, and they are not the same Vlad.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > [1]: https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.2.x/cachedb_local.html
    > [2]: https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-CoreFunctions-3-2#toc4
    > [3]: https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.2.x/sql_cacher.html