[OpenSIPS-Users] does lua_exec supports async and launch

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Thu Oct 15 08:28:32 EST 2020

No, not fdopen, that will just open a FILE* out of a file descriptor.
The async mechanism works directly with a file descriptor.
I've quickly checked the lua API, and I couldn't see any mechanisms that
you could use - in this case, you should probably "simulate" an external
process that gets "lua jobs" and executes them asynchronously, and
returns a file descriptor that can be tracked down to see the whether
the exec completed. I'll have to admit, this doesn't see easy :(.

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com