[OpenSIPS-Users] Getting call analytics to Elasticsearch

Calvin Ellison calvin.ellison at voxox.com
Wed Nov 25 18:03:01 EST 2020

Is there any best practice or standard method of getting data from OpenSIPS
to Elasticsearch?

The scenario is an internal call filter that will block or permit a call.
e.g. 503 route advance or 603 stop route. Checks are performed against
pre-populated caches and database queries, and we want the results of those
checks to ultimately reach Elasticsearch.

I'd prefer to avoid file-based things like syslog + logstash. The "OpenSIPS
and BigData" presentation from 2016 suggested using the Elasticsearch REST
API directly with async(rest_post()) or RabbitMQ. Our experience
with Elasticsearch indicates it will not keep up with our call volume
without a message queue, and now I'm seeing talking about Kafka being the
new standard for this.

Is this a solved problem?

Regards,

*Calvin Ellison*