[OpenSIPS-Users] Clusterer module and domain name

Benjamin Pasquet bpasquet at openip.fr
Tue Nov 24 16:06:02 EST 2020

Hi guys,

I'm working on opensips v2.4.8 and clusterer module with domain name identifier.
I use db_mysql with the table clusterer, and set a domain name identifier into the url column, like : bin:node1.domain.com:5566.
I listen on the domain name into my script, like : listen=bin:node1.domain.com:5566.
OpenSIPS do a nslookup at startup on this domain name and listen on the good IP without any issue.

When OpenSIPS is loading the clusterer module from db, the domain names of neighboors are resolved, OpenSIPS send ping and got a reply without any issue.
All nodes of my cluster are UP.
But, if a node already UP restart with a new IP, startup ok, but impossible to join the other cluster nodes.

A clusterer_reload is needed on each others nodes to accept the node who has restared with a new IP.

Its normal? How does it work? OpenSIPS put in cache at startup the IPs of neighboors and forget the domain name? Without TTL? I have tried to use the dns_cache module to see if any entry will be set but no.

Thanks per advance,

Benjamin