[OpenSIPS-Users] rtpengine documentation

Robert Dyck rob.dyck at telus.net
Sat May 16 19:36:39 EST 2020

I am wanting to convert my config/script to use rtpengine instead of rtpproxy.
I think it would better deal with webrtc. After looking at some examples I
found, I see a couple of parameters that are not mentioned in the opensips
documentation. First there is the offer/answer option ice=force-relay and
secondly DTLS=passive.

Are these options obsolete/deprecated/intentionally omitted?

On the subject of DTLS I noticed that when I use ice=force in offer and answer
rtpengine sends new DTLS fingerprints to the parties. I appears to operate as
back-to-back DTLS agent. I know this because both UAs sent SHA-256
fingerprints but they received SHA-1 fingerprints. This may have worked but
one UA will only accept SHA-256 and it drops the call.

The documentation does not mention that the ice= option can influence DTLS.

Regards, Rob