[OpenSIPS-Users] help on failover routing

johan johan at democon.be
Fri Mar 20 10:37:55 EST 2020

my systen will be used for aid in this corona crisis (remote diagnosis
by doctors).

We use a softphone on a mobile phone, this softphone has a DID assigned
to itself.

The mobile phone has a real mobile number also.

The idea is when a call comes in from the provider on the DID assigned
to that user, we call the softphone via data connection. If that doesn't
work, the user should be contacted on his real outbound number

so:

provider receives call on DID that belongs to the user -> provider sends
call to our system -> we dial the softphone of the user who has that
DID-> if that call fails or cannot be made, we send the call back to the
provider as an INVITE to his real mobile number.

Hence,

- when the softphone is registered, a call comes on that DID in udp (we
do lookup_location) and we send it to the user in tls (this works)

- when the softphone is off for a long time, there is no record in
location so then I route the call via the provider to his real mobile
number (this works also)

- the problem is when the mobile looses his dataconnection, then I do
have a record in location, I try to send the call, which will fail.
Upon failure, I drop the record in subscriber. And here the problem begins.

The invite is adapted at this point already for tls => provider doesn't
want it as he is udp.

So how can I have the original request back for routing to the real
mobile number ? Or how can I check if the user is still connected (aka
how can I send options to see if he's alive) before calling t_relay.