[OpenSIPS-Users] segfault at the opensips 2.4.5

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Thu Mar 12 16:43:42 EST 2020

On 12.03.2020 18:32, Oleg Podguyko via Users wrote:

> How opensips handles segfault?  And what needs to be done so that he
> does not die just like in the latter case?

Hi Oleg,

If one of the workers segfaults, OpenSIPS will perform a graceful
shutdown to the best of its ability, in the following order:

* each remaining SIP worker gets sent a high-priority termination job.
Once they finish processing the current SIP message, they will run this
job and terminate
* once all workers are stopped:
   * the dialog module will synchronize all in-memory dialogs to the
"dialog" table one last time
   * the usrloc module will synchronize all in-memory contacts to the
"location" table, etc.

Seeing that you are running 2.4.5, my advice would be to update to 2.4.7
nightly [1] as soon as possible.  You are missing roughly 1 year worth
of fixes, which is huge!

Best regards,

[1]: https://apt.opensips.org/packages.php?v=2.4

--