[OpenSIPS-Users] Re-transmission on TCP leg

Govindaraj, Rajesh Rajesh.Govindaraj at ipc.com
Thu Mar 5 20:23:47 EST 2020

Hello everyone,

We are using opensips 2.4.4. One of our use cases needed us to use opensips in a stateful manner and we are using t_relay API.

We find that in a TCP sip session established between opensips and one of our endpoints, (the session created with t_relay) Requests(Non-Invite requests) are re-transmitted.
As part of the test, we were deliberately delaying the response to the request to mimic real world scenario.

RFC 3261 is hazy but specifies for unreliable transports re-transmission should be triggered,(doesn't say anything for reliable transports)
Is this expected behaviour of opensips or is it something that can be configured?

Highly appreciate your help. Thanks for your time.

INFORMATION CLASSIFICATION: IPC PROPRIETARY

Rajeshkumar Govindaraj
Software Engineer

Follow us on twitter: @ipc_Systems_Inc    www.ipc.com<http://www.ipc.com/>

[cid:image006.jpg at 01D1940F.3E021840]

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means.
Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error.
Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail.
E-mail messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems,
or may be intercepted, deleted or interfered with without the knowledge of the sender or the intended recipient.
If you are not comfortable with the risks associated with e-mail messages, you may decide not to use e-mail to communicate with IPC.
IPC reserves the right, to the extent and under circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.