[OpenSIPS-Users] PROTO_HEP Module homer5_on setting clarification.

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Thu Mar 5 08:48:28 EST 2020

Hi, Shaun!

I've just updated the documentation to be more clear[1], thanks for
reporting this! However, it's going to take a while until the
documentation will be re-generated.

[1]
https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/commit/194398342ebee54cde9a642c0a7e5eb1ce8ca2df

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 2/28/20 8:28 AM, shaun wrote:
> The language in the PROTO_HEP docs is a little unclear and based on some
> searching I can see that others have also possibly run into issues
> understanding exactly what is ON and what is OFF .
>
> Can someone please confirm what the following settings enable/disable?
> Thanks.
> homer5_on, 0 --> ?
> homer5_on, 1 --> ?
>

> The doc provides the following explanation; (perhaps if the "HOMER 6 -
> 0" line was updated it may clear things up)
>
> Specify how the data should be encapsulated, as plain text (HOMER5 -
> anything different than 0) or JSON based (HOMER 6 - 0). As concerns
> capturing, this affects report_capture function behaviour from
> sipcapture
> <http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.3.x/sipcapture> module.
>
> Default value 1, HOMER5 format.
>
> *Example 1.2.  Set |homer5_on| parameter*
>
> modparam("proto_hep", "homer5_on", 0)

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer