[OpenSIPS-Users] siptrace - dual HEP destinations

solarmon solarmon at one-n.co.uk
Mon Jul 20 09:25:32 EST 2020

Hi,

I think I have resolved the issue.

I reverted my config slightly to having multiple  trace_id entries:

loadmodule "proto_hep.so"
modparam("proto_hep", "hep_id", "[homer_1]<HEP Server IP
#1>:9060;transport=udp;version=3;")
modparam("proto_hep", "hep_id", "[homer_2]<HEP Server IP
#2>:9060;transport=udp;version=3;")

loadmodule "siptrace.so"
modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_id", "[traceid]uri=hep:homer_1")
modparam("siptrace", "trace_id", "[traceid]uri=hep:homer_2")

And the sip_trace() call used is:

sip_trace("traceid","T","sip");         # stateful mode - in/out transaction

With this configuration, the HEP traffic is sent to both destinations!

I think the difference compared to my OP was that I was using TCP for the
first hep_id Homer server - even though the OP showed I had it for both, my
actual config only had TCP for the first entry.

A previous mailing list email (and subsequent github ticket) from me about
getting Homer 7 to work resulted in showing that it was only worked with
UDP, and not with TCP.