[OpenSIPS-Users] rtpengine aborting loop when reinvite is sent

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Jul 17 21:11:37 EST 2020

I think one angle on the problem is to identify why RTPEngine is being
invoked twice for the same SDP (most likely the same SIP message).
That's best done by looking at the content of the reinvite itself. Focus
especially on the Request URI and the Route header.

I am not sure if the RTPEngine control module in OpenSIPS supports the
loop-protect option, or whether specific module support for any command
is required in order to use it.

-- Alex

On 7/17/20 5:06 PM, Mario San Vicente wrote:
> Thanks for your explanation Alex,
>
> Actually i compiled the latest..git clone
> https://github.com/sipwise/rtpengine.git
>
> But still i dont have a clue on how to solve it, any advise?
>
> Thank you
> Mario
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 2:34 PM Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com
> <mailto:abalashov at evaristesys.com>> wrote:
>
>     This happens when an SDP body that has already been passed to
>     RTPEngine, and already adulterated by RTPEngine, is passed to it yet
>     again.
>
>     Newer versions of RTPEngine have a loop protection feature to deal
>     with it. It involves injecting an unregistered a=rtpengine attribute
>     into the SDP, to say “I was already here”.
>
>     Most common cause on in-dialog requests (e.g. reinvites) is that
>     next hop is set to proxy itself due to RFC 2543 endpoint behaviour.
>     So, the proxy forwards the reinvite to itself and, unsurprisingly,
>     invokes RTPEngine again. Many times this can be fixed on the endpoint.
>
>>     Sent from mobile, with due apologies for brevity and errors.
>
>>     On Jul 17, 2020, at 3:19 PM, Mario San Vicente
>>     <mrsanvicente at gmail.com <mailto:mrsanvicente at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     Hello Everyone,
>>
>>     I have a scenario, where opensips is working with rtpengine . Call
>>     connects fine with audio.
>>
>>     I have enabled reinvite pinging to keep the call alive ; when the
>>     reinvite is sent to both legs of the calls i get  error messages
>>     and NO AUDIO.  The reinvite has full SPD body.
>>
>>     some config related:
>>
>>     modparam("rtpengine", "rtpengine_sock", "udp:127.0.0.1:2123
>>     <http://127.0.0.1:2123>")
>>     modparam("dialog", "reinvite_ping_interval", 60)
>>     record_route();
>>      create_dialog("rR");
>>
>>     intermitent LOGS, until server is reboot:
>>
>>      rtpengine[21823]: ERR: Too many packets in UDP receive queue
>>     (more than 50), aborting loop. Dropped packets possible
>>      rtpengine[21823]: WARNING: More than 30 duplicate packets
>>     detected, dropping packet to avoid potential loop
>>
>>     Any idea what might be wrong?
>>
>>     thanks you in advance!
>>
>>     --
>>     Mario San Vicente
>>     Cheers!

> Mario San Vicente
> Cheers!

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)