[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips - graceful maintenance mode?

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Mon Jan 20 10:01:20 EST 2020

Hi solarmon,

I don't immediately recall such a mechanism in any of the modules / core
logic.
However, you have the often underrated $shv global variables, which
allow you
can implement some remarkable piece of logic!  For example:

* "drain" mode, where the server stops accepting new calls, in preparation
   for maintenance
* test out a feature or a change in production while retaining the
ability to quickly
   revert back if things go south (optionally, you can do this for a
subset of users!)

Best regards,

[1]: https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/3.1.x/cfgutils.html#mi_shv_set

Liviu Chircu