[OpenSIPS-Users] B2B user agent logic

Donat Zenichev donat.zenichev at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 05:38:33 EST 2020

First of all thanks for your replies Răzvan and Ben.

Ben, the case with local_route might be the thing I need. I read a bit on
the matter, but haven’t digged into it deeply yet.
I will try to play with this, one of these days, and will share my
experience to OpenSIPS community.

>From what I got, local_route first of all gives a possibility to catch and
then edit messages coming to B2Bua. Am I wrong?

Răzvan, yes topology hiding module fits this demand and I guess this is
even more simple implementation in comparison with B2B.

The idea I’m trying to follow, is that OpenSIPS plays a role of a routing
server for a border controller. And the border controller in its turn can
consider an INVITE (with already changed destination) having the same
call-id as a loop.
Thus routing solution can be implemented using two ways:
- 3XX redirection server
- B2BUA that divides a call into two legs

I guess, topology hiding module fits the second case (when I need to divide
a call) just fine.

I will try both ways with topology hiding module and local_route of b2b
module(s) and see which one fits better.
Of course I will share my experience in the end!

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Donat Zenichev