[OpenSIPS-Users] Failover in case of 408 - Request Timeout

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Jan 6 04:15:02 EST 2020

Hi Mitesh,

There are various ways for storing and pushing the new destinations in
failure route, depending on the routing mechanism that fits you. The
most generic way is to use $avp() at script level (for custom logic) or
you can use built-in logics like dispatcher, load-balancer, drouting, etc.

The DNS based failover is built-in as logic - it is triggered by SIP
timeouts (408) and 503 replies only. And the next destinations are taken
from the DNS records, according to the priorities.

Best regards,

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit, Amsterdam, May 2020
OpenSIPS Bootcamp, Miami, March 2020