[OpenSIPS-Users] UAC Auth from database

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Thu Feb 20 10:30:31 EST 2020

Hi, Grant!

That's about right - you need to get the credentials from somewhere,
populate the variables and call uac_auth() on a 407 in failure_route.
For fetching & caching the user and passwords you can use the sql_cacher
module[1], which provides easy access to fields in a database in a
cached manner.

[1] https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/sql_cacher.html

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 2/20/20 12:32 AM, Grant Bagdasarian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’ve been going through the modules of 3.1 and was looking for one which
> performs outbound auth for invite messages, but couldn't really find one
> which also supports loading credentials from a database.
>
> I’m basically looking for something which does the following:
>
> Client —Auth1—> OpenSips —-Auth2 —> Sip Provider (PSTN)
> Where:
> Auth1: Using Auth and Auth_DB modules
> Auth2: ???
>
> The only thing I can think of is using the uac and uac_auth modules and
> some database (cache) module to load the credentials and set the avps
> accordingly for outbound auth required by a sip provider. Is this the
> only option?
> I haven’t tried this approach yet, but I assume I just set the avps in
> failure route, call uac_auth and the Invite is populated with the
> authorization header containing the actual digest credentials?
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Grant

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer