[OpenSIPS-Users] Issues with DB Async query

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Wed Feb 19 15:10:39 EST 2020

On 19.02.2020 16:35, Exequiel leite wrote:
> it says that i shouldn't use async queries with Mysql (MariaDB in this
> Case) and recommend to code that logic in an external script launched
> asynchronously.

I like the "sync" query as a temporary workaround until we come up with
a conclusion.
The "async exec" idea I suggested in the manual may also be a good
approach for when
your CONNECT operations are slow/unreliable (prone to blocking due to
connectivity
loss) and you're doing a lot of queries, to the point where any issue
with the DB would
severely affect your overall throughput.

Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu | www.opensips-solutions.com

OpenSIPS Summit, Amsterdam, May 2020
   www.opensips.org/events