[OpenSIPS-Users] SIP to WebRTC via OpenSIPS mid-registrar fails: forced proto 6 not matching sips uri

Mark Allen mark at allenclan.co.uk
Wed Dec 23 16:41:46 EST 2020

Hi Juan Carlos - I feel your pain!

I've finished for the year so I don't have access to the code at the
moment. I'll have a look at this in the new year to see if I can post
something sensible! :-)

Short version is that it turned out to be a horrible challenge to get it
working as desired. My memory is that the difficulty in finding a suitable
workaround arose because of how OpenSIPS works (LUMPS system) when you make
changes in that they are only committed at the end. This means that if you
change $du to something new but if you then immediately xlog("$du") you'll
still see the original value - the change is only committed when you've
finished working on that SIP message.

In the WSS and mid-registrar case, it means that to workaround the wss
problem by using the path setting I had to loopback the SIP message to
OpenSIPS to then be able to see the Path value. I had to fudge some things
with code but it's working for us now. Maybe somebody else knows a more
straightforward way?????