[OpenSIPS-Users] Retransmission of 408 Error Message .

Sasmita Panda spanda at 3clogic.com
Thu Dec 3 09:50:01 EST 2020

Hi All ,

I just encountered a scenario that Opensips is generating " 408 Request
Time out" continuously for 6hr . I have attached the flow diagram .  USC
does not send ACK for the last 408 Error message . So , opensips is simply
re-transmitting it again and again till next 6hr .

Is this default behaviour of opensips . I agree that 408 should be ACK by
the UAC . But if opensips wont receive ACK for 408 then for how long this
error message will get transmitted ? Is there any parameter in any module
to handle this ?

*Thanks & Regards*
*Sasmita Panda*
*Senior Network Testing and Software Engineer*
*3CLogic , ph:07827611765*