[OpenSIPS-Users] need some help using opensips 3.0 cluster module .

Sasmita Panda spanda at 3clogic.com
Fri Sep 6 05:53:59 EDT 2019

Hi ,

In AWS cloud  is giving a service DynamoDB . Which is equivalent to mongoDB
.

So my query is , with opensips mongodb module can I use AWS DynamoDB in
backend .  I haven't tried yet .  I am asking if its possible or not . If
anybody have any idea then please share .

*Thanks & Regards*
*Sasmita Panda*
*Senior Network Testing and Software Engineer*
*3CLogic , ph:07827611765*

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 2:58 PM Vlad Patrascu <vladp at opensips.org> wrote:

> Hi Sasmita,
>
> The functions that allow you the send custom messages in the cluster at
> script level are still there in opensips 3.0, so yes, you can implement
> something similar to that blog post.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vlad Patrascu
> OpenSIPS Developerhttp://www.opensips-solutions.com
>
> On 09/06/2019 11:25 AM, Sasmita Panda wrote:
>
> Ok . Thank you .
>
> I got a document for geo distributed clustering which uses redis as cache
> . This uses opensips 2.4 . I had tested this architecture also . This is
> working fine .
>
> https://saevolgo.blogspot.com/2018/01/opensips-geo-distributed-clustering.html
>

> Can I use this kind of scripting with opensips 3.0 to use redis cache ?
>
> If not , then to use redis I have to use opensips2.4 with clustering . Am
> I right ?
>

> *Thanks & Regards*
> *Sasmita Panda*
> *Senior Network Testing and Software Engineer*
> *3CLogic , ph:07827611765*
>

> On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 1:31 PM Giovanni Maruzzelli <gmaruzz at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> it cannot work
>> documentation say that explicitly
>>
>> "Currently, the metadata information may be published to NoSQL databases
>> which support key/multi-value column-like associations. Example known
>> backends to support these abstractions at the time of writing are MongoDB
>> and Cassandra."
>>
>> https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/3.0.x/usrloc.html
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 9:53 AM Sasmita Panda <spanda at 3clogic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All ,
>>>
>>> I have tested opensips 3.0 federated cachedb cluster with mongo db as
>>> cache db .
>>>
>>> But in my company we are using redis as cache db.
>>>
>>> loadmodule "cachedb_redis.so"
>>> loadmodule "db_cachedb.so"
>>> modparam("cachedb_redis", "cachedb_url","redis:group1://
>>> 192.168.0.213:6379/")
>>> modparam("db_cachedb","cachedb_url","redis:group1://192.168.0.213:6379/
>>> ")